Maintaining proper foot health is essential for your life, since they are in charge of carrying all your weight on a day-to-day basis. Achieving beautiful and healthy feet requires a series of care but also a balanced diet according to what your feet need.
To know the foods that will help improve the health of your feet, you only have to pay attention to what we will show below.
5 foods for healthy feet
- Calcium. In the growth stage it is essential to eat a diet rich in calcium to build strong bones, but we also need it throughout our lives to maintain bone health. Include dairy products such as yogurt, cheese, and milk in your diet, which are excellent sources of calcium.
- Vitamin D. A vitamin D deficiency may be the cause of foot pain. To avoid this, we must include vitamin D supplements in our diet, although it is advisable to consult with the doctor so that he can inform us about the dose we need.
- Grains. The consumption of whole grains that are the least processed such as brown rice, oats, quinoa or barley is recommended. Being low in sodium will help prevent foot swelling and improve circulation.
- Fruits and vegetables. Like grains, these foods are low in sodium and help reduce swelling in your feet and ankles. The best are those fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables.
- Meat and vegetables. They are a natural source of protein, ideal to avoid edema in the feet. Include in your diet those white meats such as poultry and fish, and natural legumes.