No one likes foot odor because it can be very annoying, but there are simple solutions you can do to make sure your feet stay fresh and not too stinky.
Bad foot odor can be a problem that lasts only a while or that is present throughout the year, if you suffer from foot plague you can feel very embarrassed and that it is also something unpleasant for you and for the people around you. Feet often have a bad smell from sweating that is often combined with wearing the same shoes every day.
Solutions for smelly feet
As you already know, there is no better solution than good prevention, so if you want your feet to be fresh and not smell you should maintain good personal hygiene and change your shoes regularly. You will have to have several pairs of shoes so that you do not wear them every day, so you can change between one shoe and another and leave at least 24 hours between uses. Other preventive measures can be:
- Wash and dry your feet every day and change your socks once a day.
- Use an antiperspirant deodorant spray on your feet.
- Put medicated insoles that have a deodorizing effect in the shoes.
- Let your feet breathe with suitable footwear.
And what if your feet already smell?
If your feet already smell you can try some home remedies such as:
- Sodium bicarbonate. Baking soda is an effective remedy to eliminate odors and also to do it on your feet since it is capable of neutralizing the pH of sweat and reduces bacteria. To do this you will have to add baking soda to warm water (one tablespoon for every liter of water) and soak the pues for 20 minutes every night for a week. Additionally, you can also sprinkle the baking soda on shoes and socks before wearing them.
- The vinegar. The beneficial to get rid of bad foot odor as it creates an acidic environment in which bacteria cannot survive. You can use any type of vinegar, especially apple cider vinegar. To achieve this, you will have to prepare a mixture of half a cup of vinegar and six to eight cups of hot water, then soak your feet for 15 minutes and finally, wash your feet well with soap to eliminate the smell of vinegar.