Not only in summer do people suffer from swollen feet, because in addition to the weather, the wrong shoes can also make your feet swell and even hurt. Below you will be able to find some tips so that your feet do not swell with shoes anymore and that you can have well- cared for feet.
Tips so that feet do not swell with shoes
- Finding the perfect fit in shoes. Choosing good shoes is essential for the health of your foot, the fit is the most important thing. If you have a shoe that doesn’t fit well – it’s too big or too small – you can find many problems on your feet such as blisters, numbness, burning, calluses, hardness and swollen feet.
- A bit of a heel at night. When night comes, if you have to go out, it is normal for your feet to feel a little more swollen due to gravity. But instead of going out with flat shoes, the ideal is to wear a small heel of about 2 or 3 centimeters so that there is not too much pressure. So the foot can rest a bit even if you cannot get into bed.
- Rest your feet during the day. If you don’t want your feet to swell from your shoes, the best thing you can do is find a time during the day, take off your shoes, massage them and put them up for 5 minutes. Your feet will thank you greatly.
- Drink more water. In addition to taking into account the type of shoe, swelling can also be a metabolic problem rather than a foot problem. This means that it is possible that it is a fluid retention problem. The best advice in these cases is to drink more water, eat less salt, wear soft or no compression stockings, and if you can, raise your feet to heart level once or several times a day.
- Soothe the swelling. You can soak your feet in warm water, use creams or natural analgesics. But another option is to calm the swelling of the feet with natural remedies so that you can have them again as they really are.